JOIN THE MINI DASH COMMUNITY RELAY RACE FOR CHILDREN!
10 November 2017,
Umm Al Emarat Park, Abu Dhabi
The Mini Dash is a community relay race for children and interactive activity village for the whole family.
The Mini Dash encourages physical activity and teamwork for children in a fun family environment.
The event is centred around the activity village which offers a holistic approach to family wellness through healthy eating tips, nutrition advice and participation in different sports and activities which involve the whole family.
- Teams of 5 children for the relay
- Race course will vary according to the age category (see below)
- Age group categories & distances:
- 5-7 years old – 200m each child (parent/guardian welcome to run with child)
- 8-10 years old – 400m each child
- 11-13 years old – 800m each child
- Option to enter teams as a group of 5 or as an individual. INTERACT will place into teams if registered as an individual
- A timed race to add a competitive element to the event for those that wish to race
- Race packs with giveaways for each participant with t-shirts for the children included
- Official warm up run by a community gym
- All children (and parents who race!) will receive a medal on completion
- Prizes and awards for top 3 teams and fastest girl and boy in each category
Fun for the whole family!
The interactive activity village will include different fun interactive games and sports for the whole family to try as well as nutrition information stands and healthy food and drink stands.
The village also includes the Mini Dash main stage, which will showcase community initiatives, sports and entertainment.
- Games – egg and spoon, tug of war, sack race
- Bubble football & penalty shoot out competition
- Golf and cricket activities and competitions
- Dance, martial arts, gymnastics
- Bouncy castle and other inflatables
- Face painting and arts and crafts
- Parents pamper area and parents fitness class
- Nutrition activities and demonstrations (for parents and children)
- Interactive and fun cooking/preparation education
- Healthy eating games and quizzes
- Awards ceremony with prizes & competitions
- Kids entertainment and TV characters
Sessions to include kids zumba classes, health
and wellbeing interactive quiz, ballet showcase and football skills
from children in Abu Dhabi Clubs and more!
Food trucks and stalls will also be in the village for
families to purchase food and drinks.