THIS EVENT HAS TAKEN PLACE
THE DATE FOR THE 2019 MINI DASH WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Saturday 17 November 2018
08:00 – 13:00, Umm Al Emarat Park
The Mini Dash is a community Fun Run for children aged 5 – 13 years, and an interactive Activity Village for the whole family to join.
Now in its second year, the Mini Dash is back with some new and improved changes for 2018!
We have removed the relay races from the day’s programme to make the event more accessible to children of all ages. Instead, the Mini Dash will host a short distance Fun Run for your kids, split by age category.
This year’s event will include even more activities in the village. Children will collect a small gift or giveaway after completing each healthy activity and will also receive a medal upon completing 10 activities (including the Fun Run).
The Mini Dash offers a holistic approach to family wellness through participation in different sports and activities, healthy eating tips and nutrition advice.
There is also a packed schedule of main stage showcases.
- The Mini Dash takes place on Saturday 17 November 2018 from 8am at Umm Al Emarat Park (participants must register no later than 30 mins before their fun run)
- There are 3 elements on the day:
- Fun Run
- Activity Village
- Main Stage Showcases
- Children will have the opportunity to try different sports, games, fun challenges, and receive health and nutrition education
- The Fun Run route is 450m and will have 3 age categories:
- Under 8s
- Under 11s
- Under 14s
- Kids and families can join in the fun at the Activity Village
- You do not need to register to enter the village. The Mini Dash Activity Village is open to all and is free of charge
- Please note, however, only children that have registered and paid for the Mini Dash (including the Fun Run) receive gifts and a medal
- Only children that have registered and paid receive gifts and a medal
- Early bird rates are available for early booking
- Upon arrival, children will be sorted into a “colour”
- They will receive a t-shirt and a Mini Dash bag
- For each completed activity in the village, children will receive a stamp and a small gift
- All children will receive a medal once they have collected 10 stamps (one per activity)
- One activity must be the Fun Run
- At the end, the colour group awarded with the most medals wins
- The winning group will be invited on stage for a photo with the Mini Dash winner’s trophy!
- MC and entertainment
- Main stage sessions and showcases
- Healthy food and drinks for all to purchase in the village