JOIN THE MINI DASH COMMUNITY RELAY RACE FOR CHILDREN!
17 November 2018,
The Mini Dash is a community relay race for children and interactive activity village for the whole family.
The Mini Dash encourages physical activity and teamwork for children in a fun family environment.
The event is centred around the activity village which offers a holistic approach to family wellness through healthy eating tips, nutrition advice and participation in different sports and activities which involve the whole family.
- Teams of 5 children for the relay
- Race course will vary according to the age category (see below)
- Age group categories & distances:
- 5-7 years old – 300m each child (parent/guardian welcome to run with child)
- 8-10 years old – 300m each child
- 11-13 years old – 600m each child
- Option to enter teams as a group of 5 or as an individual. INTERACT will place into teams if registered as an individual
- A timed race to add a competitive element to the event for those that wish to race
- Race packs with giveaways for each participant with t-shirts for the children included
- Official warm up run by a community gym
- All children will receive a medal on completion
- Prizes and awards for top 3 teams
Fun for the whole family!
The interactive activity village will include different fun interactive games and sports for the whole family to try as well as nutrition information stands and healthy food and drink stands.
The village also includes the Mini Dash main stage, which will showcase community initiatives, sports and entertainment.
- Football & penalty shoot out competition
- Golf, rugby and cricket activities
- Dance, martial arts, fitness
- Bouncy castle
- Face painting and arts and crafts
- Nutrition activities and information (for parents and children)
- Healthy eating games and quizzes
- Awards ceremony with prizes & competitions
- Kids entertainment and characters
Sessions to include kids dance classes, toy games (Squap) with prizes,
football skills from children in Abu Dhabi Clubs and more!
Food stalls will also be in the village for families to purchase
food and drinks.