MINI DASH – THE RACE
The Mini Dash is a fun and engaging family event that educates parents and children on the importance of fitness and a healthy diet as part of daily life.
Our aim is to leave a lasting impression that healthy living is fun and for everyone, and we hope to build a legacy of a fit and active generation.
The Mini Dash promotes:
- Healthy competition
- Sense of achievement
- Community engagement
- Charitable giving
- Fun for all the family!
THE RELAY RACE
- Teams of 5 children for the relay
- Race course will vary according to the age category (see below)
- Age group categories & distances:
- 5-7 years old – 300m each child (parent/guardian welcome to run with child)
- 8-10 years old – 300m each child
- 11-13 years old – 600m each child
- Option to enter teams as a group of 5 or as an individual. INTERACT will place into teams if registered as an individual
- A timed race to add a competitive element to the event for those that wish to race
- Race packs with giveaways for each participant with t-shirts for the children included
- Official warm up run by a community gym
- All children (and parents who race!) will receive a medal on completion
- Prizes and awards for top 3 teams and fastest girl and boy in each category
THE ACTIVITY VILLAGE
Fun for the whole family!
The interactive activity village will include different fun interactive games and sports for the whole family to try as well as nutrition information stands and healthy food and drink stands.
The village also includes the Mini Dash main stage, which will showcase community initiatives, sports and entertainment.